Tuesday, August 4, 2015

CSOP

Years ago, there was a fabulous little Italian restaurant near my home.  I KNEW it was fabulous because several nights a week, the "boys in the black suits" would be holding a meeting over their plates of "gravy" and osso bucco!!!  One of their most popular dishes was chicken, sausage, onions and peppers, served with another plate of pasta and gravy (marinara sauce) and a salad.  


Chicken, Sausage, Onions, and Peppers


Ingredients:
Olive oil
2 Sliced peppers, red and green
Diced onion
2 chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
6 turkey sausages (I use sweet to not kill off my victims, but I'd rather the “hot”), sliced into bite-sized pieces

8 oz white wine
3 T store pesto
1-2 T cornstarch
pasta – I used tri-color rotini

Procedure:
-saute onions and peppers in 1 T olive oil until just beginning to brown
-saute chickens and peppers, stirring occasionally, until cooked through (10 min)
-add onions and peppers to meat and add 1 c water, the wine and the pesto. Cover and simmer about 10 min.
in the meantime, bring a pot of water to boil and add pasta to cook.
-stir the cornstarch into about 1/3 c of water and add to the meats and veggies, stirring until the sauce has thickened.

Serve the sauce over the pasta.

I might add some crushed red peppers to the sauce next time – I like things a bit spicier!!! (But not everyone does so I keep my cooking at SDP a little tamer!)

~~~~~~~

A side salad and some garlic bread and a bottle of Chianti would make this almost perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment