Saturday, February 20, 2016

Insanely Easy Dinner - Squash Ravioli and Salad

I'm really trying to get back into cooking and eating healthy foods again.  (When you're sick and live alone, this really is HARD.  There really should be a 'personal chef' in times of need for people like me who are trying to manage life solo!!  Sometimes, when my one foot is screaming from the tendon issues and the other is swollen from the chronic junk, I just want SOMEONE to bring me a glass of orange juice!!  The cat is literally no help with this!!

While hobbling through the grocery store the other night, I came across this recipe on one of those little recipe cards you see posted here and there in the store above the shelves.  So I tried this one. And I loved it.  But what I really loved was it took almost NO time to prepare and got me off my feet FAST!!!!


Squash Ravioli with Browned Butter, Sage and Pumpkin Seeds 

- serves 2


Ingredients:
1 package fresh squash ravioli (in the deli section with fresh pasta)
1/3 - 1/2 c butter
3 - 6 T torn FRESH sage leaves
3 T pumpkin seeds

1 pkg prepped salad
balsamic vinegar
Meyer lemon oil

Procedure:
Melt the butter in a small saucepan
Toss in the sage leaves that have been torn into small pieces and simmer until the butter JUST begins to brown.  Remove from the heat.

In the meantime, bring a pot of salted water to boil.  Toss in the fresh ravioli and cook according to package directions (the ones I used were ready in less than 5 minutes).

Drain the ravioli, top with the browned butter and sprinkle on some pumpkins seeds.


If you wanted to add a little fresh grated parmesan to this, you certainly could.

No comments:

Post a Comment