Friday, January 22, 2016

Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta and Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe - for Watching the Patriots!!

 Hey, peeps!  I'm out of commission for a couple of weeks.  Developed a real fast-moving case of cellulitis last night and have been grounded until further notice by my doc.  The doc and PA at the ER laughed when they saw I had outlined the compromised area and date/time stamped it.  (Not my first time in this rodeo - cellulitis is an on-going issue when you have lymphedema.  Yeah - it's kind of weird when your own extremities are trying to do you in!!!)  So here I sit, unable to do anything but web surf, read and work on an afghan, as my leg is propped up and the antibiotics and pain meds do their things.  Oh, well.  Tomorrow IS another day!!!

I love Buffalo Chicken!  (I HATE wings, but I love the chicken!!)  I've been bringing 'Buffalo Chicken Dip' to parties for years - my most requested recipe ever.  So this is one I HAVE to try out. And I'm thinking, that during this cold weather we're having, that this might be JUST the thing to help me warm up!  I'll let you know how it goes...


Crock-Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta Recipe




Ingredients:
3 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces (can also use chicken tenderloins)
10.5 ounces canned cream of chicken soup
3/4 cup Buffalo wing sauce BBQ sauce can be used too
2 cups sour cream
1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
1 cup mozzarella cheese

16 ounces penne pasta cooked





Procedure:

Line a 6 quart slow cooker with a Crock-Pot Liner or spray it with non-stick cooking spray 

In a small bowl mix together the cream of chicken soup and buffalo wing sauce.

Place bite sized chicken in the slow cooker and pour sauce over the chicken, tossing to coat the chicken in the sauce.

Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours, stirring once in the middle of the cooking time if you can.

When the chicken is done cooking, cook the penne pasta according to the instructions on package.

Add the ranch dressing, sour cream and mozzarella cheese into the chicken and stir well.

Once pasta is done, drain and add to the crock and mix well and it's ready to be served. Enjoy!


Oh - and here's the recipe for the Dip: PERFECT FOR WATCHING FOOTBALL!!!!
2 cups finely shredded chicken (buy a rotisserie chicken or a bag of Perdue oven-roasted)
4 c shredded cheddar
1 bottle bleu-cheese dressing (or ranch , but bleu cheese is BETTER!)
1/2 - 1 bottle Franks' Hot Wing Sauce (depending on how much of a wuss you are...)
2 blocks (8oz each) cream cheese

Dump it all in the slow cooker on HI.  After an hour, give it all a stir.  Stir it again after another hour.  Give it another hour and stir.  Turn the heat to LOW.  Serve with Dorito chips or celery sticks or crackers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment