Sunday, December 18, 2016

Pizza Monkey bread

I used to make breakfast sweet monkey bread for staff luncheons.  Having those little "pull-apart" rolls is so much fun.  I'm finding more and more of these recipes - my next task is to start experimenting with my OWN biscuit dough instead of using the refrigerated stuff (too many ingredients I can't pronounce means I don't really like to use them!!)   My Bundt pan may never get put away again!!


Easy Pull Apart Pizza Bread



Ingredients:
2 Cans of pizza Dough or Biscuits (I pick up a ball of dough from my local pizzeria!)
2 cups Mozzarella cheese (or your favorite cheese)
2 tablespoons of a really good Italian seasoning  - Penzey's is so good
⅓ cup olive oil
1 – 8 oz package of pepperoni
1 cup Parmesan cheese
Optional: Add a ½ teaspoon of fresh garlic or garlic powder

pizza sauce (to serve on the side)

Procedure:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Cut pizza dough or biscuits into quarters (or pinch off small bits of dough from the dough ball and quickly roll into a small ball the size of a cocktail meatball)
Cut the pepperoni into smaller pieces
Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl and toss so that the oil is spread evenly on each piece of dough
Bake for about 30 minutes (or until the top is brown and the center is thoroughly cooked) TIP: Be sure to check it in the middle before you pull it out. If the middle is still not cooked thoroughly be sure to leave it in another 5 minutes at a time until it’s done.
Flip over onto a plate while it’s still hot.
Serve with a side sauce



No comments:

Post a Comment