Monday, September 5, 2016

Crack Corn

Since I learned how to husk corn in the microwave, I'm enjoying corn on the cob more.  I remember husking hundreds of ears when on my uncle's farm when I was a kid.  My hands were sore for days!!!  Maybe that's why I dislike husking corn so much!!!!


Crack Corn


(I don't believe this is the "Jimmy crack corn and I don't care" corn of the song!!!  Who cares?? Yummy stuff!)


Ingredients:
6 ears corn, husked
3 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1/4 c. melted butter
Lime wedges, for squeezing


Procedure:
Heat grill to high. Oil grates and add corn. Grill, turning, 5 minutes.
Baste, while grilling, until totally slathered in crack sauce and grill until charred and tender, 5 minutes more.
Squeeze with lime and serve. 


(Or if you're too "lazy" to husk the corn (like me) - do the microwave-husk method (put the whole ear in and cook for several minutes, slice off the stem end of the corn, grasp the silks and husky and squeeze the ear out the cut end) - and then do a fast grill with the crack sauce.)

No comments:

Post a Comment