Sunday, November 29, 2015

Hawaiian Chicken

Other than crab rangoon and some dim sum, I am not a particular fan of Chinese food.  I'm not sure if it's the MSG or what - I just don't like the way I feel after eating restaurant Chinese.  In a pinch - well, OK.  But I don't have it on my regular rotation unless it's something I make myself.  This is a slow cooker chicken dish I pair with rice, roasted broccoli and sauteed pea pods.  If I'm feeling extravagant, I'll throw some chopped cashews on, as well.


Hawaiian Chicken





Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 (20 oz) can pineapple slices, drained and juice reserved
1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped ( buy a bag of sliced frozen)
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar
Juice of one lemon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 tbsp corn starch
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper


Procedure:
Place chicken in the bottom of a crock pot that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.

Place pineapple rings and chopped bell pepper on top of the chicken.

In a small bowl whisk together, pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, ginger, corn starch, and salt and pepper until brown sugar and corn starch is dissolved.

Pour the pineapple juice mixture over the top of the chicken.

Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or on low for 4-6 hours.

Slice the chicken breasts and serve over rice.



This week's recipe detective:  
dragons3-OH

No comments:

Post a Comment